… TAFE students can get Microsoft Office 365 for free!
You will need your:
- TAFE NSW username and password (you can obtain this from Library Staff or Student Services).
- TAFE NSW email address to verify your enrolment (email@example.com).
Once you have these details:
- Visit office.com/getoffice365 and enter your TAFE NSW email address. Enter other details as required by Microsoft.
- You will then be prompted to access your TAFE email account – do this by going to the Student TAFE Portal – click on the link in the email Microsoft have sent you.
- Follow the prompts on how to install the software on your computer. Tip: Make sure you have good network access when you install as the data is large and will take time to download.
Now use the Office 365 products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher. Free access to Office 365 finishes when you complete your course or are no longer enrolled.
Do you have a wireless-ready device such as a notebook, laptop or smartphone? Did you know that you can connect to the Hunter TAFE wireless network to access the internet and Student Portal in campus libraries? For advice on how to connect your device, see the latest Wireless Connection brochure.
Remember that you will need your DEC username and password to connect your device. For more information, contact staff at your local campus library.
The Database Password list for our Library databases has been uploaded to EQUELLA and is now available to current Hunter TAFE students and staff.
To access, just go to the Library website and open the Databases and eBooks page.
Click on the Equella link and enter your DEC username and password.
If you have forgotten your password, you can choose to have the password list emailed to you instead. If you choose this option, you will have to provide information to verify that you are a current student or staff member.