Here are some courses people have been finding useful on Lynda.com. You can view one of these now with your TAFE username and password, or go to: https://huntertafe.libguides.com/eresources at anytime to log in for free via TAFE NSW:
Excel 2016 Essential Training
Learn how to best enter and organize data, perform calculations with simple functions, work with multiple worksheets, format the appearance of your data and cells, and build charts and PivotTables.
Programming Foundations: Fundamentals
Project Management Foundations
Project management is a start-to-finish approach to getting things done and making projects more successful. It’s a profession, but it’s also a set of techniques that anyone can apply to achieve goals and manage project work more effectively.
Online Marketing Foundations
Learn how to promote your business effectively online and develop a targeted online marketing strategy that engages potential customers throughout the digital landscape.
Time Management Fundamentals
Effective time management is an indispensable skill. Best-selling author and business coach Dave Crenshaw lays the theoretical and practical foundations for managing your time and becoming more productive.
Do you need help?
Ask a Librarian at a TAFE NSW library or online.
Attention new students!
Have you got your TAFEcard yet? What about your TAFE username and password? You need these to borrow items from the library, to log into computers and to access our library eResources.
- Your TAFEcard is your library card and having it enables you to borrow items from any TAFE NSW library.
- You also need your TAFEcard to print, photocopy and scan in the library.
- Your TAFEcard is available from campus student services or from some libraries.
- Keep your TAFEcard. If you have a TAFEcard from previous studies at TAFE NSW it will be automatically reactivated with your current enrolment.
- Students are provided with a unique username for student login e.g. firstname.lastname1
- Your username and password is used to log on to library and classroom computers at TAFE, to access Library eResources, the Student Portal and free WiFi.
- Library staff can help you get your username and reset your password.
Please call into your local TAFE NSW library for more information or assistance.
So it’s the start of term and there is a flurry of activity … are you feeling overwhelmed?
You might need to take a step back and look at how you are spending your time. Are there things that you could do to manage your time better?
Lynda.com has a great series called Time Management Tips Weekly. The videos only run for 2-3 minutes and offer some great tips to help you get on track quickly. Click on this link and enter your TAFE username and password to view the videos and files.