… TAFE students can get Microsoft Office 365 for free!
You will need your:
- TAFE NSW username and password (you can obtain this from Library Staff or Student Services).
- TAFE NSW email address to verify your enrolment (email@example.com).
Once you have these details:
- Visit office.com/getoffice365 and enter your TAFE NSW email address. Enter other details as required by Microsoft.
- You will then be prompted to access your TAFE email account – do this by going to the Student TAFE Portal – click on the link in the email Microsoft have sent you.
- Follow the prompts on how to install the software on your computer. Tip: Make sure you have good network access when you install as the data is large and will take time to download.
Now use the Office 365 products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher. Free access to Office 365 finishes when you complete your course or are no longer enrolled.
Here are some courses people have been finding useful on Lynda.com. You can view one of these now with your TAFE username and password, or go to: https://huntertafe.libguides.com/eresources at anytime to log in for free via TAFE NSW:
Excel 2016 Essential Training
Learn how to best enter and organize data, perform calculations with simple functions, work with multiple worksheets, format the appearance of your data and cells, and build charts and PivotTables.
Programming Foundations: Fundamentals
Project Management Foundations
Project management is a start-to-finish approach to getting things done and making projects more successful. It’s a profession, but it’s also a set of techniques that anyone can apply to achieve goals and manage project work more effectively.
Online Marketing Foundations
Learn how to promote your business effectively online and develop a targeted online marketing strategy that engages potential customers throughout the digital landscape.
Time Management Fundamentals
Effective time management is an indispensable skill. Best-selling author and business coach Dave Crenshaw lays the theoretical and practical foundations for managing your time and becoming more productive.
Do you need help?
Ask a Librarian at a TAFE NSW library or online.
… I can extend my library resources twice and a few different ways!
- By calling the library directly.
- By coming into the library (you don’t need your books with you).
- Or online. Just ask the friendly library staff for your pin.
WOW …..I didn’t know that!